Thursday, February 23, 2012

Prayer Journal: Week 2 Day 3 = Thursday 23 February

Today's text is Genesis 1.26-2.3.

3 comments:

  1. The book encourages us today to take a prayer walk and be mindful of all that is around us in God's creation. It's intended to be a prayerful exercise. In the last 1.5 years, I've been working at becoming a better photographer. Whether that works or not, simply the practice of it has caused me to notice so much more the beauty--and brokenness--in creation. It's like living in an art museum! So, I'm reminded constantly to give thanks for the beauty and to pray for healing for the brokenness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a look at God's creation in this way reminds me of when I first got eyeglasses. I didn't realize how blurry everything was until I put those glasses on for the first time. I still remember sitting at Maas Opticians on 2nd street and looking across the street at a tree. The leaves were so distinct! I'm not sure if I had ever looked at a tree so intently before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really "seeing", having clarity with our new glasses is not always a pleasant experience. I was at the same traffic light on the way home from work yesterday that I have stopped at every day for many years on Martin Luther King Blvd. in Baltimore. The same unkempt, raggedly clothed man in a wheelchair is weaving between stopped vehicles begging for pocket change, carrying the same ratty cardboard sign. I almost always never look him in the eyes, that way I can ignore his existance. I looked him straight in he eyes this time - such saddness, such despair - that is what God sees - how can He bear to see it every minute of the day, in millions of people. It was raining,wind blowing 40 miles an hour and I was in a warm, dry vehicle- really tired but going home to a warm house, dinner and a soft bed. Would he? This seeing with clarity hurts, better question, does it change how we respond to what we see?

    ReplyDelete