To tell the truth, when I decided to become a pastor (halfway through the fall semester of my sophomore year at the Univ. of Illinois), I really thought it was going to be a matter of taking up a cross. (Especially in comparison to the potentially lucrative field of computer science I was doing so well in. This was back in 1975!) It's not turned out to be a cross at all in the way I thought. I wonder whether it means I've messed up somehow, or if I should simply be giving thanks that following Christ can be so good.
Who do I say Christ is...my map, the one who sets the GPS coordinates for my life. I may not always follow the coordinates, cuz I think I know a better way, I can get there faster, don't really want to go anyway, don't understand the directions but if I listen harder, shut up and listen, the still small voice or the loud booming voice will guide me. I am a much nicer person with Christ, a much more caring person with Christ, it's not about "me" with Christ, it's about others.
To tell the truth, when I decided to become a pastor (halfway through the fall semester of my sophomore year at the Univ. of Illinois), I really thought it was going to be a matter of taking up a cross. (Especially in comparison to the potentially lucrative field of computer science I was doing so well in. This was back in 1975!) It's not turned out to be a cross at all in the way I thought. I wonder whether it means I've messed up somehow, or if I should simply be giving thanks that following Christ can be so good.
ReplyDeleteWho do I say Christ is...my map, the one who sets the GPS coordinates for my life. I may not always follow the coordinates, cuz I think I know a better way, I can get there faster, don't really want to go anyway, don't understand the directions but if I listen harder, shut up and listen, the still small voice or the loud booming voice will guide me. I am a much nicer person with Christ, a much more caring person with Christ, it's not about "me" with Christ, it's about others.
ReplyDelete