Sunday, February 12, 2012

Prayer Journal: Week 1 Day 1 = Monday 13 February


The Lord be with you! We will figure this out how we go. For now, I'm planning for us to have a daily blog post like this one where we can find the Bible passage and share some of our prayer concerns together.
We are starting with the Prayer Journal on Monday, February 13.
You can find an introduction to the prayer journal on page 115 of the book. The daily meditations start on page 120.
------------

Week 1, Day 1
Psalm 139:1-12
Please add a comment here sharing any comments, questions, or prayer concerns.

4 comments:

  1. Hello folks, I'm now part of the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the question of "How do you know God?" is really why I wanted to take this journey. I know his guidance has helped me in the last two years and he has answered my prayer of help. That is what Psalm 139 reminded me of in asking for help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 139 is kind of a hard psalm for me. (And there is a reason our reading stops at verse 12. It gets harder after verse 19.)
    It's both good and bad news. It's wonderful to affirm that God is always with me... at least in those times when I need God's help. But in the times when I'd rather be doing things my own way and don't want God looking over my shoulder, then it's not so good. (Kind of like Santa who always checking to see who's been naughty or nice!)
    When I'm honest with myself, however, I know how much I do need God to help me in the midst of how much pain there is in the world and the mess we can make of things.
    So, my prayer today is that in affirming God's presence everywhere and at all times, I can celebrate that as good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God knows all my thoughts. So He knows that my thoughts are consumed with my database design problem, how to modulate gracefully from Bb major to E minor, and whether the Redskins can finally draft a franchise quarterback! He also knows that all of these thoughts have left little room for Him. My prayer is that this study can be a great first step in improving my relationship with God.

    ReplyDelete