Monday, February 13, 2012

Prayer Journal: Week 1 Day 2 = Tuesday 14 February

Today's Scripture is Genesis 12:1-9.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the instructions. Never been a blogger before, first time for everything. Many of group I know, some I do not. Could all introduce themselves. I'll go first.

    I am a life long member of Zion, alto in the late service choir. I am one of the many choir members that live in the Holter Road area between Middletown and Jefferson (I live at Jumbo's Pumpkin Patch). I am a Nurse Educator at the University of Maryland Medical Center (up the street from the M/T Bank Stadium - Go Ravens!) and part time faculty at FCC. I am one of the thousands of commuters on I70 each morning. Really nice to meet you, looking forward to chatting with all of you. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great passage... Abram and Sara are just told to pick up and go, and they do! So one thing included in my prayers today is simply the courage to follow God's guidance so boldy. (Of course, I would also pray that God speak to me as clearly as God did to Abram!)
    But I also like v3 where it is promised to Abram:
    "...and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."
    While there are blessings promised to Abram and his descendants, it's just as impt that he becomes a blessing to all the families of the earth. That includes us. Thanks be to God for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read this passage I find it amazing that Sarah and Abraham had such faith that they were able to leave to the unknown. I pray tonight that I can follow God's will for me and that I gain a better understanding of my faith in the process.

    ReplyDelete