I'm going with the Philippians text today: Rejoice in the Lord always! I'm happy to report that this evening I just received the recommendation to be advanced to full professor status. Rejoice with me! Thanks be to God!
This successful posting must mean I am in! It was all about "Google Chrome" - did not have it on my desktop at work.
Now about prayer journal entry regarding thankyou note to God: what a profound way to look at prayer as a thankyou note to God.
The CEO of Campbell's Soup takes 15 mintues of each day to hand write a thankyou note to someone in his organization syaing thanks their contribution. I take time to write a personalized e-mail to staff nurses in my organization that make a great presentation, effectively lead a journal club, model patient safety, catch a near miss event that could harm a patient etc.
The response to my notes are amazing - better than any tangible reward - I can almost see them smile through their return e-mail saying back to me thanks for noticing their efforts and talents!
I can just "see" God smile when I say thanks for the magnificent oranges in the winter sunset yesterday, thanks for the precious gift of your Son for me, thanks for loving me on days I am at my best and still loving me on days that I am at my worst.
I'm going with the Philippians text today: Rejoice in the Lord always! I'm happy to report that this evening I just received the recommendation to be advanced to full professor status. Rejoice with me! Thanks be to God!
ReplyDeleteMuch better than having "empty" professor status. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteDonna
Yes (but hopefully this doesn't mean 'full of it' status!)
DeleteThis successful posting must mean I am in! It was all about "Google Chrome" - did not have it on my desktop at work.
ReplyDeleteNow about prayer journal entry regarding thankyou note to God: what a profound way to look at prayer as a thankyou note to God.
The CEO of Campbell's Soup takes 15 mintues of each day to hand write a thankyou note to someone in his organization syaing thanks their contribution. I take time to write a personalized e-mail to staff nurses in my organization that make a great presentation, effectively lead a journal club, model patient safety, catch a near miss event that could harm a patient etc.
The response to my notes are amazing - better than any tangible reward - I can almost see them smile through their return e-mail saying back to me thanks for noticing their efforts and talents!
I can just "see" God smile when I say thanks for the magnificent oranges in the winter sunset yesterday, thanks for the precious gift of your Son for me, thanks for loving me on days I am at my best and still loving me on days that I am at my worst.
We (Christians) love to see you smile God!
Donna